Friday, January 14, 2005

An alright kale recipe

1 3/4 cp soymilk (I used vanilla, but recommend plain)
1/2 cp Nutritional yeast
1.5 Tbsp dried, ground rosemary
1 Tbsp basil
pepper to season (I used garlic chili sauce since I didn't have pepper.)
1 tsp salt
1 clove garlic
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1- 1 1/2 Tbsp veggie margarine
2 Tbsp cornstarch (+ more if needed)
~ 2 cp kale.

Mix everything except the kale and cornstarch. Warm over medium heat and add cornstarch. Add in small amounts, whisking well to thicked to a watery-alfredo consistency. When its at the consistency that you want, all the kale.

While your doing that, prepare any veggies/pasta that you may want. I used:
~ 3/4 cp carrots
2 cp brocoli
1 medium onion
1.5 cp wheat pasta pagotas (any smallish pasta will work)

After adding the kale, stir for a bit to evenly coat. Slowly add the rest of the veggies and 1/3 of the pasta (or whatever amount fits into your medium sized sauce pan with space to stir)

I only added 1/3 of the pasta, b/c it's going to sit in the fridge for a day and I didn't want the pasta to soak up all the water.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.