Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Carve Me/Smash You


So I'm test running a new sewing machine. Not sure how I feel about it. Sure it runs much smoother and nicer than my current machine, but it's made of a cheap plastic, and I'm pretty hard on things. I've already predicted what I'm going to break/lose first.
The automatic sewing option is pretty nice though (no pedal to push with your foot) mainly since I usually sew with both myself and machine on the floor in this half Indian style position. We'll see though...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:57 AM

    If it is durability you want, check out this machine coming up for auction soon. It ought to survive a nuclear bomb!

    http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/holiblog.html

    (scroll down a bit for the photo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn these Anonymous posts...
    Interesting, but seems like I have to save up for the porcelain urinals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:42 PM

    I have the ditch witch on my christmas list. Just because of the cool name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A number of summers ago, my brother and I were using one in front of this house we were working on, his 100 lb self was steering and I was in front directing. Then there was and there was some out of control-heat-induced giggling, and the ditchwitch was the out of control. We both almost lost limbs on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:42 PM

    Wow! I never got to use one! I've been deprived of the things that matter! I've only come close to losing limbs in less-than-spectacular ways. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.