Friday, December 08, 2006

Dobré ráno

I used the word nebby today and fried up two cabbage pierogies. It was awesome. Sold a few things on etsy so I'll post a few more items this evening. Other than that, things are good. I've ended my stint in NY and it seems like I'll be in Cbus through the New Year. Whoo-hoo!
Binghampton was a pretty cute town though. IBM used to employee over 30,000 people there, (or course no longer) so there is all the associated dying/dead industrial remenants. But downtown along the river were some really spectacular old homes gorgeously decorated for the holidays. I found a little Natural food shop with mock tuna wraps and wanted to eat here but didn't have a chance as I was really sick last week and there just wasn't time this week.


There were bike trails everywhere and downtown there was an amazing old railroad bridge converted to a bike path and lit. It melted my heart. <3 align="center">

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:14 AM

    Hey there!

    Binghamton is really cool. I was there in July for a wedding. I love those old industrial cities. Yeah, parts are a bit rundown but I really like the history, the neat brick buildings, the feeling of the passage of time. It is quite a change from sterile suburbs and the "cleaner" look of most midwestern cities.

    Did you happen to see the awesome art deco Greyhound station?

    Another fun fact: There are SIX historic wooden carousels scattered around the area, all donated by a wealthy businessman 80 years ago. And they are all free to ride!

    And the Black Bear winery up in the surrounding hills makes some really good fruit wine.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.