Thursday, February 15, 2007

Weddings and Funerals

Weddings and funerals are the few occassions where people collect en mass. We come together to support each other and to remeber the good in each other. It makes you realize how much people mean to you and how much you take it for granted. I was sad that I had been in SF for the wake in Cinncinati, but the gathering Friday made up for it. It was great to have Michelle and Scott in town, with Rita, Kenton and Ian replanting their roots recently too. Everyone who has grown apart came back together that night and it ended like my favorite summer nights, struggling with Gillian Welsh and Billy Bragg/Wilco songs with Michelle on the Uke. It also made me realize how great it is to love someone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.