Wednesday, April 25, 2007

And even when you run through my mind

A few folks have been back in their town from travels elsewhere (NC, Spain, Morocco, the West, Hawaii, etc) but it was the first time I got to see them. Julie leaves Monday, but I got to see her beautiful, innocent face for a quick minute. I thought that it was going to be an appropriate S8 revival, but there was no dancing, only huka smoking, beer, and 1 piece of the creamiest, smoothest, most pleasant piece of vegan cheesecake I've ever had, courtesy of Reda. The secondhand hooka smoke was too much for me to tolerate after an hour, especially coming from yoga*, but I got to bed much earlier than expected, which is never a bad thing.


*-Note- if you live in Columbus, Ashtanga Yoga at Yoga on High is something that you MUST check out. Upfront is seems like a good deal of $$ to throw down, especially when there are cheaper studios in town, but it is really worth it. It had really impacted my outlook on my body and the teachers are really well versed not only in the poses, but the whole idea of practicing yoga and are really strong teachers. Plus the assistants known just how to touch and barely move you for maximum stimulation. Oh sheesh, I totally love it. (And I totally love that I got Mark to do it with me and I get to see him once a week. Yes!) If I didn't already belong to two gym I would sing up for their Unlimited Pass.
To everyone: just get this book. Okay- stepping down from soap box.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:20 AM

    I'll second the praise for Yoga on High. My wife recently completed their teacher training program and is now certified to teach hatha (she prefers the deliberate posing of hatha to the more intense and repetitious ashtanga).

    She starts teaching her first class next week!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.