Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Happy PMMD!

Happy Post Memorial/Mustashe Day! (more on that later when I sneak a photo)
Instead of grilling, potato salad, veggie dogs and sunburn, my holiday was spent at Home Depot, on the humid back porch and in the basement. Yes folks, we worked all day to build a creature barrier! We enclosed a good portion of the basement with a 4ft high wall. Now the basement has a corral-feel to most of it, but it helped us organize everything and keeps the cats out of the bike/silk screen/laundry/my massive amounts of stuff area. And it forced us to organize a few things, so overall it was a successful holiday I must say. Plus I got to see the rare action of JG utilizing carpentry tools. Yes!
In the evening I headed to Surly Girl for the Columbus Craft Council meeting. There were only four of us, but I couldn't have asked for four better ladies to spend the evening with. It was a real treat. And it's the first time I've really seen Renee since she got back from the circus (seriously) annddd.... she's now the head cook @ Surly, annddd.... they're putting together a new menu, sooo... we were able to test the amazing tofu that will be included. I can't wait for the new deliciousness to go with my PBR.
It's the first meeting that I've gone to after handing in my keys to the apartment above the bar. I have to say that after a few episodes of breakdown and not wanting to give up the space, I was pretty happy to head home to Clintonville. No- take that back- extremely giddy, greatful & in general overwhelmed at all the nice things I was feeling/thinking.
Then I promptly passed out two feet from the front door due to sheer exhaustion.
Last glimpse of the old place:
(I also concluded that Amy Wynn from Trading Spaces has my dream job. )

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:38 AM

    Do I want to know what "moustache day" is?

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.