Wednesday, May 16, 2007

An Open Letter


Dear My Bike that I love alot,

When we first met, I didn't want you, instead wanting the red bike with white handle bar tape. I'm glad Nathan talked me into taking you though (Craig still rides that red bike and it's not very nice). You treated me well through the hills of Pittsburgh, around Bob's Lake, Ontario, up the coast of CA and in Cbus when I first moved. You tried to kill me when the peddle fell off in traffic, but I didn't hold it against you. Instead I got you pink pedals and we rode to Dublin frequently.
Then I tried to strip you. Your paint wouldn't come off, but dad came through and had you sweetly powder coated and delievered you back to me in like a stork bring a prefect sweet baby.
I know I've avoided you this last week that you've finally been home, and when I finally got to you, no one was able to change your headset, but I wanted to know that I still love you. I haven't finished your seat cover, I've been riding the Surly, yes, and one of the cats threw up under you this morning, but that doesn't mean that I don't dream about you. I've been plotting a matching bag and possibly a headbadge design. Next week will be hectic with Craig coming on Friday and I may not come back until Tuesday, and have to go to the stomach dr. and finish moving out of my aptartment in there too, but I promise to ride you (if it doesn't rain of course) to Critical Mass on Friday.


Love, Petie

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:01 PM

    Wow, is that a fixed gear bike?

    Love,
    Bike

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has a flip flop hub but I ride it as a single speed.
    Ligh Kaki frame with bubble gum pink accented fixed gear coming early summer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:50 PM

    Uh..already lost me! "Fixed Gear Bike" is as technical as I am capable of getting!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.