Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Favorite SF finding


My Favorite SF finding, originally uploaded by Petie_in_Cbus.
Today's adventure took me to the Lower Haight. I putted around all morning and had overwhelling feelings that my life was going towards this so had kind of a short day out, but it was nice once I got out. Sheesh, the winds were strong out there too.
I went to Doe and hit up a few over-priced Tshirt shops and worked my way up the hill to The Haight. I get to this state where I'm hungry, but don't want to eat b/c eating usually makes me feel crappy, but then in a bat of an eye I turn into a small child on the verge of a temper tantrum if I don't get some substance soon. But then I become very picky about what I can possibly ingest. Next, I feel as if my body can't go on and I'm going to have to die right there in the gutter. Yeah, it's immature and ridiculous and really unattractive to anyone around me (mainly JG has to bare witness) and I think carrying a snack would curb this... but whatever... I was reaching that point as I got to the Haight. I walked and walked searching for the perfect restaurant and sadly, I had been there before, but also glady, cause it is damn good Ethiopian.
I enjoyed my meal, sanity levels returned, I read more of my book and prepped myself for the next task at hand...a showing of Sachiko Hanai at the Red Vic Movie House.
It was crass, ridiculous and amazing all in one. I don't think I would have enjoyed seeing it alone, but seeing it with 25 other people who were also laughing hard, outloud, helped A LOT. I can't even explain this film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.