Saturday, September 01, 2007

Golden Gate Bridge


Golden Gate Bridge, originally uploaded by Petie_in_Cbus.
I headed to the Golden Gate Bridge on Friday morning. Sadly, my lens was EXTREMELY dirty, so hardly any of the pics came out. None were too interesting anyways...
Golden Gate Bridge
Stopped at the beach where some guy's dog (as I was silently saying to myself "Please don't come near me with your dog, please don't come near me with your dog) knocked my camera into the sand. But was able to relax in the sun, take a few photos and just listen to the waves. It was the most perfect way to spend an hour.
Headed back to SOMA where the Catherine Clark Gallery was closed, but stopped in at the 111 Minna Gallery for the Fecal Face exhibit. It was AWESOME. I get so star struck when I see art from the pages of Juxtapoz. I love photographing it and remembering the experience. Swooning over it, sneaking touches, checking out the prices and seeing what's sold, and generally enjoying it. I've never studied art or even really read a general art history book so most large art galleries are sometimes hard for me to pour as I don't have much background on the context and am generally too antsy to read all the placards on each wall.
Highlights of the Fecal Face show included Saelee Oh, Jeremy Fish, Mike Giant(below too), Kyle Ranson, Kill Pixie and probably my fav of the show- Matt Furie.
111 Minna Gallery 111 Minna 111 Minna Gallery

2 comments:

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.