Tuesday, September 04, 2007

New Job


Akron OH, originally uploaded by Petie_in_Cbus.

So I started the new job today. If felt like I was going to the first day of school. The night before I ironed my clothes, cleaned up my shoes, packed my purse, book bag and lunch, made sure my car was in working order. Couldn't sleep until after I showered at 4:30. Luckily JG got up at 7 to rustle me out of the pile of crafts I was curled up in. Dryed my hair, did my makeup, ate breakfast slowly. I was tempted to ask JG to take my picture in front of the house before I left.
Growing up my parents would take Craig and my's picture on the first day of school in front of our house (dang, I wish I had some of those to post right now). When I moved to Columbus for my first REAL JOB, I had to stay in the In Town Suites on Bethel and Sawmill in Dublin for a few weeks, and I have a picture of me in the room that first morning. Too funny.
Then when I walked in the building it smelled like a freshly cleaned school and I was nervous as all get-out. Everyone was really nice, my cube is pretty huge and I got a comfy chair. I nervously made corny jokes and performed technical reviews on Columbian Phase 1 Environmental Assessment translations. Not exactly engineering yet, but much more than I thought that I'd do on my first day.
Got a much appreciated call from my dad and then Amy helped me cut fabric for a quick bit and I continued working in the PT sweatshop listening to Andrew Bird and Girl Talk.
Lil Petie Shoes

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwww new job! You should learn lessons from my blog!

    I'm glad it went pretty well. I'm also glad to hear that you still sleep in the Petie-nest of crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lessons from your blog- How to become an anarcho-rat?

    Since JG chooses cats over me, I have reverted to the old ways of nest-style sleeping.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.