Thursday, October 04, 2007

Stuffed Peppers


Stuffed Peppers, originally uploaded by Petie_in_Cbus.


So as fall is approaching, I've been slowing thinning out the garden in prep for the coming winter. Although it's in the mid 80's still...
So here's what I can up with last night.
Insides:
Add chives, cabbage, lemongrass (tie together in knot for easy removal later), ginger paste, 1/2 tiny hot pepper and 2 cherry tomatoes to a bit of seseame oil and cook up. Add 1/4 block mushed tofu, 1 cup cooked quinoa, 1/4 Tbsp tahini and water to desire consistency. Let cool, remove lemongrass.
Sauce:
Boil about 25 cherry tomatoes with a bit of chives and lemongrass. Add tahini and ginger. Boil until tomatoes are mushy, and let cool to <100 size="2">JG was supposed to be pre-occupuied for the evening-but then wasn't- so we ended up at Tip Top for dinner and I wasn't able to consume my meal. (he doesn't really do organized sit-down dinner, esp. if I make it) It makes much more than a meal for one, & I needed to use up the garden goods, so it will make a tasty lunch & should freeze well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.