Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wedding Quilt


Manga Wedding Quilt, originally uploaded by Petie_in_Cbus.

With Sarah & Nick's wedding coming this weekend, I remembered that I haven't posted on the quilt I made for the shower gift. Here's the inspiration:
Quilt Photo Card
A bit of manga from the SF Asian Art Museum, some Diamond printed linen fabric from Ikea (which I do not reccommend to anyone- it's overpriced and the screening comes off easily when washed). In a typical rush, I finished it the morning of, and sadly the edges were a bit sloppy. :-( But I was pretty pleased that I was able to keep it simple, and love the look of the circles

On an unrelated note, check out the article "My other car is a bright green city. There has been an attack of greenwashing news articles this week with topics like "Are biofuels harmful?!!?", "Turning your garden soil releases greenhouse gases!!!", "House carbon offsets 'a waste of taxpayer money'", "Conservation work will potentially be undone by climate change", "Ethanol waste causes tainted beef ", blah blah blah that are just really grating me, but the article is a nice look at longer term placemaking solutions, as opposed to the quick tech fixes. Nothing new or groundbreaking, just a nice mid-week break.

4 comments:

  1. wow, i never thought there'd be a reason to get married! it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. curmudgeon9:39 PM

    Re: My Other Car...

    Thank God! It frutrates me to no end that people are so fixated on technological solutions as if some mysterious person in a lab coat is going to "invent" something to solve all the problems without requiring one iota of sacrifice or habit change in the average person.

    People are going to be in for a very rude awakening sooner rather than later when the entire suburban-based economy as we know it comes to a crashing end.

    I don't know if I should be annoyed at the silly "environmental" articles in the main stream media or be glad that environmental issues are actually breaking the celebrity/sports barrier of what passes for news these days. But scaring people about digging in a garden? Give me a freaking break! Oh no! having a garden causes global warming! I better drive my Hummer to Wal-Mart to buy some South American tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is BEAUTIFUL! Amazing!!!! I am a CBUS gal too! woo woo

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.