Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Following along with everyone else...

Pink Cranks!, originally uploaded by Petie_in_Cbus.

I'll mention the sadness at Sheldon Brown's death. He was a huge influence/resource to basically the world via the internet. I remember studying his website when trying to decide whether to go fixed or single speed, then making myself as knowledgable as possible before going into Krancick's for parts.
On comment for today's ride in- I have never been so thankful for my nubby tires and multiple gears as I was today. The monsoon hit while I was in Old Worthington, and let me say that 23 north of 161 until the 270 switch is not pleasureable to ride in in the rain. I can't imagine someone designing such a poor roadway in general. Within under 5 minutes, the whole right lane had about 4-6 inches of water and was basically unusable even to cars. Sadly, I had to cave and use the sidewalk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.