Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mobiles


So I participated in Elsie Marley's Mobile Swap. Although I was dissapointed in my Xmas swap (not thru her), I thought I'd go ahead and just back into swapping, but not put so much pondering into my project.
For my partner Lola's, I used quilt scraps from a baby quilt I'm making and satin from the bridesmaid dress to make two mobiles. I have to say, it takes some working of the wire to have it hang correctly, but I'm pretty pleased with them.
Annnddd... I was kinda set to copy a bird mobile I found through google images, turns out that a good number of people had the same idea, so I'm glad I choose to send the butterflies. Both will be for sale in the Etsy shop tomorrow. Check out the Flickr pool.

BIrdie Mobile

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    This is Jana from Lola..again!
    I was so excited to get the mobiles you made for me today! They are so wonderful!
    My kids were thrilled to! We have already hung them in our learning studio. They fit so perfectly with the theme, and scheme of the room!! How did you know?
    I'll be posting pics on the group later this week!
    Thanks again! You made our day!
    Jana

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.