So I participated in Elsie Marley's Mobile Swap. Although I was dissapointed in my Xmas swap (not thru her), I thought I'd go ahead and just back into swapping, but not put so much pondering into my project.
For my partner Lola's, I used quilt scraps from a baby quilt I'm making and satin from the bridesmaid dress to make two mobiles. I have to say, it takes some working of the wire to have it hang correctly, but I'm pretty pleased with them.
Annnddd... I was kinda set to copy a bird mobile I found through google images, turns out that a good number of people had the same idea, so I'm glad I choose to send the butterflies. Both will be for sale in the Etsy shop tomorrow. Check out the Flickr pool.