Sunday, March 09, 2008

March Snow Storm


March Snow Storm, originally uploaded by Petie_in_Cbus.

Sunday morning the snow had stopped and I trudged around the neighborhood a bit to shoot some photos. Although High Street is semi-drivable, our streets and the neighboring streets really aren't and people were helping dig each other out. We're in no rush to dig ours out, but I had hold down the climbing gym so I headed north at 11. Slowly made it down our street to High, where it was iced over but nice and compacted. At N. Broadway I almost threw in the towel though. Not over the snow- but of course, my cleat had become loose & I couldn't unclip from the pedal. Now I am trudging into the Starbucks lot, connected to my bike, trying to manage it through the snow with my loaded panniers. It was a site. And of course I have my overbooties on, so I can't easily remove my shoe. Now I'm sitting in the icelot, struggling with my bootie, sweating in embarrassment. Sheesh, only me.
The rest of the ride was good except at 161 and Huntley, where it became a total ice sheet. I tried to walk my bike, and it was a struggle to stay upright it was so slick. There was about 6 cars stuck a different points in the intersection. Suckers!
March Snow Storm March Snow Storm
March Snow Storm IMGP0609

1 comment:

  1. I really like the photo of the chair. It's like a big puffy snow cushion.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.