Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My parents have had me for 27 years.

The last couple days I've been waiting for 27; that 26 was a hell of a year and I can't wait for it's end. But in retrospect- a lot happened this year, and it's easy to dwell on the few down spots, but there were some really great times, I've learned so much, and am so deeply great full for so many things that have happened.
Here's a short list:
My dad helped me out in ways not many could, but I am so great full for. SF is hard, and gets harder every month, but it opens alot of doors for both of us, and takes care of us in ways we are so privileged to have. I didn't travel to many places, but Seattle was great, camping in wine country was so fun, and having the ability to spend a month in SF was a great way to learn the city- and also to appreciate living in the midwest. I learned how to bake bread, make soda, rode in the front of a train, ate cheese curds. Working at the climbing gym has made me realize that I am better with children than I anticipated and I really like teaching climbing. I found the job I've been searching for, and it's amazing. My commute has shortened to 15 minutes.
Thursdays at ORielly's. Snow storm and riding bikes every night in it. REM, Modest Mouse and X. Dead Sea. Rubbing bellies. Craig, Matt and Jeff in the South Side. Maria at Xmas. Halloween in KY. Buckethead. Family everytime I go home. Sarah, my aunt and Jason getting married. Melissa having a baby. Bubba growing. Brock & Julie, Jeff & Katie, Brad & Bobbie engaged. Finding out that progesterone stalls my stomach. Feeling better, putting on weight. Bangs. Death of Crafts. Bringing Ollie back from being morbidly obese (eliminating monthly vet visits). Starbucks. New friendships. Saturday mornings at the market. Seeing the tendon in my finger (from surgery). Growing a garden from seeds. Canning relish. Ginger beer at 21st Amendment, eggplant fries at TipTop, bread from mom, jgs cupcakes.

And: Not having to go to the ER for my belly, not totaling a car and not getting bitten by a dog made 26 a good year.

Happy faces everywhere IMGP1695 Point Reyes Starbucks Raleigh My buddy aunt molly's ground cherry tomatoes IMGP8537 IMGP1401 Beer Bread & Candied Pecans IMGP9833 IMGP0951 IMGP0926 New life! Dress Fitting IMGP2166 IMGP2055 IMGP1942 IMGP9226 IMGP1583 IMGP1422 IMGP1124 Favorite non-print IMGP9856 Dead Sea IndustryIMGP2896 Manga Wedding Quilt Kiss IMGP2804 IMGP8346 Aunt Carol IMGP1801 IMGP1849 Gooddale park IMGP1798 Grandma on her 89th birthday IMGP9661 IMGP1023 Dave & John IMGP9676 IMGP9726 Oh campus Bike hip/camera bag IMGP2288 IMGP0227 Bike chainrings IMGP0217 Shooting Range

Easter gift! IMGP2454 Aunt Carol's acquired children in her new marriage Post surgery March Snow Storm IMGP9698

5 comments:

  1. thanks chauch! Thanks for the necklace

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're the coolest.
    happy belated birthay

    ReplyDelete
  3. almost all my fave peoples are leos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) :) Happy Birthday... This is a great post.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.