Saturday, February 28, 2009

A bit of advice


IMGP8700, originally uploaded by Petie_in_Cbus.
Although I don't write much here anymore, I thought I'd write a bit of advice.
So when looking for a new car, the idea of purchasing a used rental car always seems to pop into the equation. Especially for folks like my dad, who just use them once and a while, for vacation, usually driving friends and family around (ie. responsible, cautious). Then there are those who drive them for field work. The cars are terribly abused, parts glued on that have fallen off to avoid charges, plates pounded out after wrecked, filled with chemicals, driven pretty much anywhere. Like this one, which went into a mud pit and filled with water, up to just under the tailpipe and the engine was squealing. Luckily there are drain plugs on the bottom, so no noticable harm done. (a rainbow even appeared after it was pulled out)
Just some consumer advice, based on a few stories I've heard.
IMGP8701

2 comments:

  1. I thought you said it was a PUDDLE?!?!?!

    hhahahahahahhahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was! It was only 1-a few inches deep, everyone else was driving through it. I followed a Ford Contour through! The stupid cruiser just found the sink hole!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.