Sunday, October 03, 2010

Windy Hill Apple Farm

P1050044

Fall is here, so a trip was made out to the Windy Hill Apple Farm. Sadly, they were out of Cider Syrup, but we scored some Hard Cider and wandered around gathering a 1/2 peck of apples.

Windy Hill Apple Farm, originally uploaded by Petie_in_Cbus.
I even made mini apple pies from scratch! I used a combo of 2 Vegan Yum Yum recipes (1. Filling; 2. Crust, which I had made the entire recipe before and they are amazing!) and an adapted cashew frosting recipe- I heavily spiced mine, boiled the cashews for a minute & added sunflower seeds to the mix.
P1050055
We swung by the Pigeon Roost Farm on the way home, didn't take the extensive experience like last year, but grabbed some spaghetti squash for dinner and pumpkins for beer brewing. Spaghetti squash/lemon/diced tomatoes/capers/fried tofu/fried eggplant might be my new favorite meal...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.