Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Funnel Cake Brunch

There aren't many mornings that you can justify funnel cakes for breakfast, but I figured 4th of July/DooDah Parade Morning was one of them.
brunch


Funnel Cake Recipe - Batter was a bit thick, but the ingredient amounts were just eye-balled. I didn't have a funnel, but put the mixture into a bag & cut the tip, and it worked out.
Whipped Cream Recipe - I added frozen blueberries to this, but should have kept them separate. The texture was pretty great before the addition; also used regular coconut milk as opposed to the light.

Fresh strawberries on top!


Sadly, didn't make the sausage, just grabbed Gimme Lean Ground Sausage style. (Not sure what's going on, but typically I'm adversed to processed 'meats', though I haven't been able to get enough of them lately)
Gravy Recipe - I made a hybrid of Vegan with a Vengeance's White Bean Gravy and this brown gravy recipe, plus cayenne. It was delicious, wish you could have been there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.