Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pickles!

A few weeks ago, 'uncle steve' once again let us pick through his out-of-season pepper garden after the Cap City cyclocross race extravaganza.
The following week I canned the peppers as a mixed pickle medley (it seemed that some of the pepper may have been a bit past their prime to can alone, and damn, I love me some pickled carrots).
Well, the results have been delicious and much more economical than the pickles from the Kroger Olive bar....
pickles

I just followed one of the standard recipes from the Ball Book of Preserving. It's a relatively small collection of traditional recipes, but I always come back to it as an easy, reliable standard, using common ingredients.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.