Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bokeh experiments

IMGP9907
So after a holiday season passing and amazing images posted on the DPS blog about beautiful xmas images, I wanted to give it a go. Grant it, I feel like I have a decent 'eye' but poor technique. For some reason it's really difficult for me to correlate and remember all my aperture, f-stop, lens, iso, etc data about an image (maybe if I could somehow import it into excel...) so at first the bokeh techniques weren't working for me. I even made my dad watch the tutorial on it, but the physics were still getting me.
So I gave up on my DIY cover and bought the kit from photodojo. Turns out that it wasn't much more advanced than my cardboard version, but there was something reassuring that someone was actually selling (and providing help and guaranteeing this setup).
So without further ado, I bring to you my vintage Annalee mice and my poor Bokeh attempt. Pentax K-R with stock 18-55mm lens
So the filters are presented bottom right, to top right then top left then bottom left of the mouse...
IMGP9910
Man
IMGP9903-man
Arrow:
IMGP9893-arrow
Fleur de lis

IMGP9889-fleur de lis

Annnnddd this was a test shot with not filter....
IMGP9877-heart outline
Star:
IMGP9878-star
heart
IMGP9870-heart
hazard sign:
IMGP9869-hazard
Overall, I think it was a photography bummer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.