Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dehydration Experiment - Salt & Vinegar Chips

Dehydrated potatoes
Here we go:
Original recipe:
3-4 regular potatoes
Raw apple cider vinegar
Himalayan crystal salt
Place potatoes (peeled + sliced) in a large bowl with enough apple cider vinegar to cover them, soak for 10-15 minutes. Drain chips and lay flat on mesh screen, sprinkle with salt. Dehydrate at 105°F for 5-10 hours or until crispy.

How I made them:
3 medium potatoes. So I thought I bought regular potatoes, but they had more of a purpley-skin, white innards and were hard to slice like a sweet potato. Then I bought 3 actual potatoes, they turned out much better.
Roughly peeled them, sliced them in the food processor.
Added them to a bowl, sprinkling Braggs apple cider vinegar and a bit of (my guilty pleasure)Nature's Seasoning on every layer.
Let sit for 1-2 hrs turning every so often.
Put on the dehydrator sheets overnight.
PS It smells like vinegar on the 2nd floor of the house from these....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.