Friday, February 17, 2012

Parsnip 'sushi'

IMGP0180
Nori Rolls with Ginger Sunflower Pate from the The Sunny Raw Kitchen. Their cookbook was the first raw book that I bought and everything has been amazing.
The rolls were made with a ginger sunflower pate, parsnip 'rice' and assorted fillings. I'm finding out that I'm not the biggest fan of parsnips (I believe that this was the first time I've had them, definitely the first time I had purchased them) but enough pickled ginger on anything makes it amazing!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PARSNIP ‘RICE’
2 cups peeled and roughly chopped parsnip
1 medium garlic clove
3 tablespoons pine nuts
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Process the parsnip and garlic in a food processor until a rice-like consistency is achieved. Add the pine nuts and salt and process some more.

1 comment:

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.