Saturday, October 13, 2012

Bike Trip Day 4

Olney, IL to Red Hills Nature Preserve, IL 20 miles
Though it was only a day of 20 miles, they were a bit slow going. Things I realized 1. I should have put on the new tires before leaving and 2. Though I ride a Surly Cross Check frame, I shouldn't ride it as a cyclocross bike.
Needless to say I had a number of pinch flats, but it was 75+ and sunny out, so it didn't put a damper on the day.
IMGP4349
IMGP4355IMGP4357
And when I arrived at Red Hills Nature Preserve, the hiking wasn't as spectacular as I had imagined, so I wasn't disappointed when I cut my hike a bit short. But the camp host and my RV neighbors were super nice!
IMGP4358
IMGP4362
By recommendation of the woman camping next to me, I stopped at the Trace Inn located in the park. I would definitely pass on this eatery next time. Everything was fried, the decor was of an upscale Crackerbarrel, and my wine swarmed with fruit flies. But the place was packed with +65 yr olds and everyone was raving about the catfish by the time I left....
IMGP4378IMGP4367
Previous past Day 3 here and then Day 5 here, or start at the beginning here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.