Thursday, November 21, 2013

Henry Ford Museum

I was in Detroit for a weeklong class on automotive maufacturing standards, so it was only appropriate that I stop at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI. Named for its founder, the noted automobile industrialist Henry Ford, and based on his desire to preserve items of historical significance and portray the Industrial Revolution, the property houses a vast array of famous homes, machinery, exhibits, and Americana.
I was there only an hour before closing and didn't have much time to look around but had a Dymaxion house!!!!!!!!!!!!! (more here
I'm not one to get 'starstruck' about many things, but I was head-over-heels excited to see this house! I'm pretty into all things Buckminster in general though.
Somehow I didn't get any snaps of the house or surrounding exhibits, but here are a few of the rest of the museum:
Machines are so much cooler when you don't have to depend on them working... #rustbeltexplorations
IMGP8510
IMGP8508
IMGP8504
IMGP8502
IMGP8516
They had a large room of fancy cars, but I didn't have much time to see why these particular ones were choosen.
IMGP8521
IMGP8519
All in all, aside from the Dymaxion house, I'm not sure the museum was worth the $25 entry, at least not for the hour that I was there. But it might be different looking at machines if you aren't surrounded by ancient machines on a daily basis that need to work properly- though rarely do-for your job...
You can see another fun place I stopped in Detroit here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.