Sunday, April 24, 2016

Mountain Mushroom Festival

Since my time living in the town to the north, I've wanted to attend the Mountain Mushroom Festival in Irvine, KY. Sunday I got my chance!
IMGP3959
In the center of town, an old tree was crafted into a giant Morel Mushroom!
IMGP3953IMGP3956
We arrived just as the festival was opening, and pursued the many booths. The man below was milling corn into grit with steam:
IMGP3955
IMGP3957
There weren't any morels too be found (they were $90/lb and only one booth was selling them raw) but got to 'hunt' for them in a small terrarium, saw people showing off pics of their forage to each other and purchased some shiitake and oyster mushrooms.
IMGP3961

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.